Perch, Milanese Style Recipe
A basic, everyday way to prepare any fish fillet. This version features perch, perfect for Christmas Eve and the feast of the seven fishes.
2 pounds frozen ocean perch
1/2-3/4 cup of flour
1 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 tsp salt
2 lemons, cut into wedges
- Defrost the perch fillets, and press out as much water as possible. Squeeze gently between paper towels.
- Press the fillets into the flour. Knock off any excess flour.
- Beat eggs and then dip the fillets in the eggs and then into the bread crumbs.
- Melt the butter in a heavy skillet, over medium heat.
- Sauté the fillets quickly until golden, on both sides.
- Drain on paper towels, sprinkle with the salt, and serve with lemon wedges.
Bella Italian Food Recommends
Fish & Shellfish : The Definitive Cook's Companion
Every few decades a chef or a teacher writes a cookbook that is so comprehensive and offers such depth of subject matter and cooking inspiration that it becomes a virtual bible for amateur and professional alike. Author James Peterson, who wrote the book Sauces, a James Beard Cookbook of the Year winner, and the incomparable Splendid Soups, once again demonstrates his connoisseurship with Fish & Shellfish, a monumental cookbook that will take its rightful place as the first and last word on seafood preparation and cooking.
You Should Also Read:
Italian Christmas Eve : Feast of the Seven Fishes
Oven Fried Parmesan Fish Recipe
Baccalà Fritte -- Fried Cod Recipe
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Paula Laurita. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Paula Laurita. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Cinzia Aversa for details.