Guest Author - Vannie Ryanes
Latkes are traditionally served for Jewish holidays. However, I enjoy them anytime. These potato and spinach latkes are wonderful for your buffet table.
3 cups grated white potatoes
1/2 cup cooked chopped spinach
1 small finely chopped onion
6 tbspn matzoh meal
Salt and pepper to taste
vegetable oil for frying
1. Beat eggs until frothy. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
2. Use a tablespoon to make flat dumplings. Place in hot oil. Fry until medium and crispy. Drain on paper towels.
Serve with sour cream.
* When serving Potato and Spinach Latkes at your buffet table use a serving tray with dipping cup. Put sour cream in cup and surround with the latkes.
* Good served with applesauce.
* Blend sour cream and applesauce together and spoon over one or two warm latkes placed in a saucer or small dish. (Warm latkes in microwave)
Serves 6 to 10
Hone your skills for work and family and you hone them for living life to the fullest