Make Ahead Brownie Sundaes Recipe
This is the perfect dessert to serve at backyard barbecues, and it’s nice when the work is already done. To serve, simply remove from the freezer, place in a bowl, and top with sweetened whipped cream. You can use your favorite ice cream – preferably something that goes well with chocolate, i.e., Cherry Garcia (a favorite), Moose Tracks, Coconut Almond, Chocolate Orange Stick – there are dozens of flavors that make good sundaes. Of course, you can also use plain vanilla if you like. No matter which flavor you use, it’s always convenient to have several of these in the freezer for quick desserts or unexpected company.
2 quarts ice cream, your favorite flavor that goes well with chocolate
6 to 8 cups Brownies, (stale) cut into 1/2 inch chunks
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup whipping cream
Sweetened whipped cream, for serving
- Line one 12-cup and 1 6-cup muffin pan with paper liners; set aside.
- Place the ice cream in a mixing bowl, and beat with a k-hook or similar to soften.
- Fold the brownies into the mixture.
- Scoop the mixture into the muffin cups.
- Meanwhile, mix the chocolate chips and whipping cream in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave 3 minutes; let sit 5 minutes, then whisk until thick and smooth and spoon over the sundaes.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap.
- Freeze 6-8 hours or up to a week.
- To serve, unmold into serving bowls and top with sweetened whipped cream.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 362 Calories from Fat 172
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 48% Protein 5% Carb. 47%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 19 g
Saturated Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 66 mg
Sodium 163 mg
Total Carbohydrate 43 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 5 g
Vitamin A 8% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 0%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.