Side and Bottom Hems
- With fabric right side down, on the bottom edge and lower sides (the straight sides), press fabric toward the wrong side by 1/4 inch. Fold fabric over again another 1/4 inch and press in place.
- Sew the pressed hems in place close to first folded edge.
Finishing Top of Apron
- Press top, unfinished edge of apron over 1/4 inch toward wrong side. Fold fabric over again by one inch and press in place.
- This step is optional for those who like to hang their aprons on a hook. If you want to add a hanging tab, cut a one inch by three inch strip and fold the raw edges in, including the ends and sew the edges together along the open side.
- Open the apron top out and sew the finished tab to the middle of the apron top, aligning the middle of the tab with the middle of the apron top. Do this before sewing down the apron top so that the stitching of the tab will not show from the right side of the apron.
Finishing Sides of Apron
- Press unfinished edge of angled apron side over 1/4 inch toward wrong side. Do not move the iron back and forth along the edge it is cut at an angle and will stretch easily, distorting the fabric.
Fold fabric over again by one inch and press in place. Sew down along the first folded edge. Be careful to not stretch the fabric while sewing. This creates the casing for the drawstring apron ties. Repeat for other side.