Guest Author - danielle barone
1. Smoking reduces the oxygen and nutrient distribution to the vital organs of the body, especially the skin.
2. Smoking depletes Vitamin C and damages the elastic tissue fibers of your skin making it more susceptible to wrinkles.
3. Smoking creates deep lines around the eye and lip area, and causes an unhealthy discoloration of the skin and teeth.
4. Nicotine is a dangerous drug that has negative effects on the heart, brain, liver, skin, blood, lungs, and adrenal glands.
5. Smoking reduces immune system functioning, and leads to heart attack, stroke, high blood pressure, cancer, liver problems, peripheral vascular disease, premature aging, and early death.
6. Making the decision to stop smoking is one of the best things you can do for yourself.
7. Quitting smoking can add years to your life. Studies show that within one year of quitting, your risk of heart disease is cut in half. And after fifteen years of quitting, your health risks are the same as a non smoker.
8. Quitting smoking can give you years to spend with your children to see them grow up.
9. Picture your childrens lives without you. That in itself should motivate you to get help and stop smoking.
10. Remember it is not a question of IF you will get sick from smoking. It is a question only of WHEN.