Guest Author - danielle barone
1. Sleep heals the mind, body, emotions and spirit. Make it a priority in your life to sleep and heal your body. Practicing positive sleep routines will help you to get the healthy sleep you need.
2. Take a nap during the day. Rest for ten minutes or two hours, whatever helps you to feel rested and rejuvenated. Both naps and sleep help to keep the immune system of the body healthy and able to prevent disease.
3. Water hydrates the cells of your body and mind. If you do not feel well, drink water to feel better instantly. Drinking plenty of water helps to keep your body healthy. Bottled water is cleaner and healthier to drink because it does not contain the bacteria of tap water. Some water contains a high oxygen content, which can help to give you an extra feeling of energy and well being. Evian water is a good example of water with a high oxygen content, and I believe Evian is the healthiest and cleanest water in the world.
4. Eat healthy. Green vegetables such as spinach, asparagus and broccoli keep your immune system healthy. Eating protein throughout the day can give you energy and help to develop a lean body. And most importantly remember fruit. Fruit contains plenty of vitamin C and water, both which work hard to create good health. Eating fruit as a snack is a healthy habit for your body.
5. Keeping your mind healthy is important for health. Make a list of problems and solutions. Also list things that are bothering you and how you can improve a situation in your life. Write on paper, in a journal or anywhere that is private where you can put your thoughts onto paper. This healthy habit helps to reduce mental stress, and increase well being. Writing helps you to improve your life and health because it creates a blueprint for you to follow. When your goals are written down, they become a promise you make to yourself. Not only does this help you to feel mentally lighter, but it helps you to take action to better your life.
6. Decide what things in your life you need to keep, and what things you need to let go of. Move towards what is good for you, what makes you feel good. Take action to move away from any person, place or thing that is bad for you.
7. Exercise to activate healing chemicals within the body called endorphins. Endorphins help to ease pain, increase feelings of well being, and heal illness. It is important to remember to eat a small healthy meal or snack before exercise. Exercising on an empty stomach can leave you exhausted with no energy. Eating protein and fruit before exercising, can help to maximize the benefits of exercise which are feeling good, improved metabolism, and weight loss.