5. Preheat the oven to 425F. Remove the dough from the refrigerator.
6. Sprinkle the work surface with flour. Unwrap 1 disk of dough and using a rolling pin press gently on the disk to flatten slightly. Sprinkle the top of the dough with flour. Roll out the dough until you have a large round circle about 14 inches in diameter. Wrap the dough around the rolling pin and transfer to a 9-inch pie dish.
7. Unroll the dough so it covers the dish and hangs over the edges. Gently press the dough into the dish. Pile the apple filling into the dough-lined dish and set aside.
8. Roll out the second disk and transfer it to the top of the filled pie dish. Press together the edges of the top and bottom dough circles. Using scissors or a table knife, cut away the excess dough, leaving a 1-inch border. Roll the border of the dough under itself so that it rests on top of the dish rim.
9. Pinch the edges of the dough together. Cut 3 small slits in the top crust.
10. Bake the pie on the a baking sheet until the top is browned and the apples are tender, about 1 hour. Remove from oven and cool before serving.
Makes 10 servings
Have a recipe or party menu you'd like to share with our readers? Email the recipe and your name to me at email@example.com