Cinnamon Sugared Nuts
|Prep: 30 minutes|
Cooking: 45 minutes
Here's a salty and sweet treat that guests will love to dig into before dinner.
2 tablespoons butter
2 cups walnut halves or pecan halves
1 egg white
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1. Preheat the oven to 250F.
2. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over low heat.
3. Remove from heat and add walnuts and stir to coat with the butter.
4. In a shallow bowl, lightly beat the egg white until foamy.
5. In another shallow bowl, mix the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
6. With a slotted spoon, remove the nuts from the butter and put into the egg white, tossing to coat thoroughly.
7. Transfer the nuts to the cinnamon bowl and toss again to coat well, using your hands if necessary.
8. Spread the nuts on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
9. Remove from oven and let cool. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.