Add a little spice to your holiday gathering with these bite-sized biscuits.
5 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese, cut into large pieces
1/4 pound butter, softened
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon liquid red pepper seasoning
1. Place the cheese in a food processor or blender and process until finely chopped.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, thoroughly blend the cheese with the butter, flour, salt, paprika, Worcestershire sauce and red pepper seasoning.
3. Gather the dough into a ball and cut it into quarters. Roll each quarter into a cylinder measuring about 10 inches in length. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and place in the refrigerator until well
chilled, about 2 hours.
4. When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350F. unwrap the dough and cut the cold cylinders into 1/2-inch slices. Place the slices on a baking sheet that has been lightly greased or coated with nonstick
vegetable spray. Bake for about 15 minutes or until firm and golden. Cool on wire racks.
5. Store at room temperature in a tightly covered container. They will keep up to 14 days or up to 4 week in the freezer.