Free to Move While Learning
by Susan Helene Kramer
How to teach K-3 students kinesthetically, in a 90 page fully illustrated ebook, outlining body placement, rhythms, motor skills, dynamics, creative movement, beginning mini-lessons, and a 40-minute lesson plan divided into 5 minute segments.
Part I Anatomy as Applied to Teaching Movement
1. Body Placement, 2. Foot, 3. Legs, 4. Knock Knees, 5. Bow legs,
6. Spine, 7. Poor Posture, 8. The Spine and Jumps, 9. Muscle Groups
Part II Rhythms
1. Theory, 2. Clapping in Meter, 3. Listening and Clapping
4. Clapping Syllables, 5. Rhythmic Accompaniments
Part III Dynamics of Energy; Creative Movement
2. Gradations of Movement
Rebound; Suspension; Sustained Movement; Overtones; Expending Energy
3. Elements of Motion
Axial; Levels; Directions; Dynamics
4. Body-Mind; Mind-Body Interaction
Part IV 16 Basic Rhythmic Movements
(1) Walks, (2) Runs, (3) Marching, (4) Gallops, (5) Slides, (6) Hops,
(7) Jumps, (8) Leaps, (9) Pedaling, (10) Prancing, (11) Toe Pointing,
(12) Skips, (13) Waltz, (14) Minuet, (15) Schottische, (16) Polka
Part V Floor Exercises
(1) The Leaf, (2) The Flower, (3) The Cricket, (4) The Bird,
(5) The Squirrel, (6) The Chipmunk, (7) The Rocker, (8) The Seal,
(9) Back Exercise, (10) The Turtle, (11) Cat Stretch,
(12) The Starfish, (13) The Owl, (14) Swinging
Part VI Mini-Lessons
Part VII Basic Lesson Plan
A Full Lesson or a 'Sponge' Activity?
Providing Space; Protocols/Benefits
2. Basic Lesson Plan
1 - Floor Exercises, 2 - Clapping Rhythms,3 - Rhythmic Movements, 4 - Resting
5 - Technique or Mini-Lesson, 6 - Creativity and Dynamics,
7 - The Melody and Rhythm of Music, 8 - Expanding
3. Special Circumstances
This text is in the "Rhythmic Movement Dance Series" and part of the Gateway to Educational Materials (GEM) of the United States Department of Education.
Problems with buying? Contact: ebooks at bellaonline.com
Price: $1.95 US
This ebook is available in PDF format.
Do you have questions about Ebooks? Read our Ebook FAQ!
Want to Buy?
You must be a BellaOnline Member to buy a book. This gives you the ability to re-download books.
You are not currently logged in. Please Log In or Register
Category List |
Free Ebooks |
Free Mused Literary Magazine |
Top Sellers |