Here are the headlines to come out of the anime industry since the last newsletter:
- Crunchyroll has announced that the site will be streaming the Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas - Meio Shinwa OVA series. The dates for the release of the first 13-episode season of the series will be announced later. The first release of the second season will ship in Japan on February 23, 2011; Crunchyroll will be streaming the first two episodes on the same date as the DVD release in Japan. The series will only be available to users in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and Ireland.
- Crunchyroll began simulcasting Mitsudomoe 2 on January 8, 2011. The series is considered a "mature" title, and will be available in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Netherlands, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Iceland, Australia, New Zealand, Brazil, and Portugal.
- New screenings have been announced for the anime film, Summer Wars. These new screenings include: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema in Austin, Texas (starting January 7, 2011), the Angelika Film Center in Dallas, Texas (starting February 4, 2011), and the West End Cinema in Washington, D.C. (starting January 14, 2011).
- New screenings have been announced for Evangelion 2.0 You Can [Not] Advance. These new screenings include: Ultra Star Chula Vista 10 in San Diego, California (January 20, 2011 - 1 day), the Ultra Star Mission Valley - Hazard Center in San Diego, California (January 20, 2011 - 1 day), the Ultra Star Mission Marketplace in San Diego, California (January 20, 2011 - 1 day), the Ultra Star GardenWalk 14 in Anaheim, California (January 20, 2011 - 1 day), the Ultra Star University Village in Riverside, California (January 20, 2011 - 1 day), the Alamo West Oaks in Houston, Texas (January 22, 2011 - 1 day), Living Room Theaters in Fort Lauderdale, Florida (February 4, 2011 - 1 week), and Regency South Coast Village in Irvine, California (TBA - 1 week). There will also be screenings of the film in Canada on Thursday, January 20, 2011 at 7:00 p.m. at select Cineplex Entertainment and Empire Theatres locations.
- Crunchyroll has announced that the site began simulcasting the Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? anime series on January 10, 2011. The series will be available in North and South America, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Iceland, the Netherlands, the Middle East, Africa, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Brazil, and Portugal. Paid subscribers in Ireland and the United Kingdom will also be able to access the series until June 30, 2011.
- Crunchyroll has announced that the site will simulcast Hourou Musuko (Wandering Son) beginning on January 13, 2011. The series will be available in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Netherlands, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Iceland, Australia, New Zealand, Brazil, and Portugal.
- Crunchyroll has announced that the site began simulcasting the Level E science fiction anime series on January 10, 2011. The series is available in North, Central, and South America, the United Kingdom, Northern Ireland, Ireland, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Iceland, the Netherlands, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa.
- It has been announced that Bridgit Mendler (who portrays Teddy in Disney Channel's Good Luck Charlie) is leading the cast of the U.S. dub of Studio Ghibli's most recent film, Arrietty the Borrower.
- It has been announced that anime voice actress Wendee Lee will be at the Phoenix Comicon, which is taking place at the Phoenix Convention Center and Hyatt Regency in Downtown Phoenix May 26-29, 2011. Lee's voice can be heard in the English dubs of such anime series as Lucky Star, Digimon, Bleach, Naruto, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, and Cowboy Bebop.
- FUNimation has announced that the company has released all six episodes of FLCL on Apple's iTunes store this week All of the high-definition episodes are available for US$14.95, or in standard definition for US$9.95. Episodes are also available individually in high-definition for US$2.99 each, and the first episode is available for free. The series is rated TV-14.
- Viz Media has released Vampire Knight Guilty and Buso Renkin on iTunes. The company is offering the first episodes of Vampire Knight and Buso Renkin for free until February 1. The remaining episodes are available for sale individually for US$1.99 each or for rent for US$0.99. The 13-episode seasons of both Vampire Knight and Vampire Knight Guilty are available in standard definition for US$22.99 each. The full 26-episode series of Buso Renkin is available in standard definition in two US$19.99 volumes.
There are topics in the anime forum for these news stories. If you'd like to join in on the discussion, there's a link to the forum later in the newsletter. You need to have a BellaOnline forum account in order to post, but signing up for a forum account is free.
|11 Eyes Complete Collection||DVD|
|Beyblade: Metal Fusion DVD 2||DVD|
|Black Butler: Season One Part One||DVD|
|This week, I posted three new articles to the Anime site. The first is an overview article for Hikaru no Go. The second is an overview article for Meine Liebe The third is an overview article for Buzzer Beater. I have added words from Hikaru no Go, Meine Liebe, and Buzzer Beater to the list for the Anime word games.|
Here's the latest articles from the Anime site at BellaOnline.com.
Hikaru no Go
Hikaru no Go is an anime series based on the manga written by Yumi Hotta and illustrated by Takeshi Obata.
Meine Liebe is an anime series based on Konamiís series of dating sim games for the Game Boy Advance and the PlayStation 2.
Buzzer Beater is an anime series based on a manga series by Takehiko Inoue.
Please visit Anime.bellaonline.com for even more great content about Anime.
To participate in free, fun online discussions, this site has a community forum all about Anime located here -
I hope to hear from you sometime soon, either in the forum or in response to this email message. I thrive on your feedback!
Thank you for your support of the BellaOnline Anime site, newsletter, and forum. Be sure to watch your inbox next Wednesday for the January 19th edition of the BellaOnline Anime newsletter.
Have fun passing this message along to family and friends, because we all love free knowledge!
Lesley Aeschliman, Anime Editor
One of hundreds of sites at BellaOnline.com