Here are the headlines to come out of the anime industry since the last newsletter:
- The Leeds International Film Festival will be screening some anime films as part of Fanomenon Anime Day on November 19. The films being screened are Gintama: The Movie, Mardock Scramble: The First Compression, Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance, Redline, One Piece Film Strong World, and Interstella 5555: The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem. Fanomenon Anime Day will run from noon to 11:00 p.m. at Leeds Town Hall. The films (except for Gintama: The Movie) will also screen on November 21 from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- FUNimation has announced that the company is recalling a recent batch of Dragon Ball Z Season Three DVD box sets due to a manufacturing issue. A few thousand copies were affected by this error, and the defective copies were shipped from the first week to the last week in October. In the defective sets, the second disc contains copies of the episodes that appear on the fifth disc. If you have one of these defective sets, FUNimation has instructed buyers to call (972) 537-0871 or to send an email to email@example.com. FUNimation will have a replacement disc shipped within 48 hours.
- American distributor GKIDS will screen the Summer Wars anime film in the Los Angeles suburb of Covina for one week starting on December 10 at the AMC Covina 30 theater. This screening will fulfill a requirement that Summer Wars needs to qualify for the 83rd Annual Academy Awards. GKIDS is also planning to have the film screen in New York and again in Los Angeles.
- Madhouse has announced that the company is resuming production on Yume-Miru Kikai, the unfinished last feature film from the late director Satoshi Kon. Yoshimi Itazu is now serving as "acting director," and Toshiyuki Inoue is now serving as joint animation director.
- The second annual Los Angeles Animation Festival will screen the anime films Redline and Midori-Ko on December 5. Redline will be screened at 12:15 a.m. and 6:30 p.m., while Midori-Ko will be screened at 4:30 p.m.
- Summer Wars is currently scheduled to have theatrical showings in various areas of the United States between December 3 and February 3. The current schedule is: Siskel Film Center in Chicago (December 3-8), AMC Covina 30 in Los Angeles (December 10-16), Landmark Bridge Theater in San Francisco (December 24-30), IFC Center in New York City (December 29-January 4), Museum of Fine Arts in Boston (January 5-12), Starz Film Center in Denver (January 7-13), CCA Cinematheque in Santa Fe (January 7-13), Laemmle Sunset in Los Angeles (January 14-20), Landmark Ritz at the Bourse in Philadelphia (January 21-27), Academy of Arts in Honolulu (January 23-February 3), and Landmark Varsity in Seattle (January 28-February 3).
- Sentai Filmworks will be releasing the Clannad anime film in March 2011, with English dubbing and subtitles. The company will also dub Clannad After Story for release in April 2011. For people who already purchased the subtitled version Clannad After Story that would prefer to own the English dub can participate in an exchange program. No details are available at this time for the exchange program.
- NIS America has announced that the company is released the Premium Edition of PandoraHearts Volume 2 on January 25, 2001, and the Premium Edition of Our Home's Fox Deity Volume 2 on February 22, 2011. For both series, the premium edition package includes twelve episodes on two DVDs and a hardcover art book.
There are topics in the anime forum for these news stories. If you'd like to join in on the discussion, there's a link to the forum later in the newsletter. You need to have a BellaOnline forum account in order to post, but signing up for a forum account is free.
|Hayate the Combat Butler Part 7||DVD|
|Initial D: Stage 1 Part Two||DVD|
|Our Home's Fox Deity Volume 1 Premium Edition||DVD|
|Taisho Baseball Girls||DVD|
|Vampire Knight 3||DVD|
|This week, I posted two new articles to the Anime site. The first is a review of Final Fantasy Unlimited: The Complete Collection. The second is an overview article for Jubei-chan the Ninja Girl. I have added Final Fantasy Unlimited: The Complete Collection to the Anime Shop, and the set is an Editor's Recommendation on the main page of the Anime site. I have also added words from Jubei-chan the Ninja Girl to the list for the Anime word games.|
Here's the latest articles from the Anime site at BellaOnline.com.
Final Fantasy Unlimited: The Complete Collection
Final Fantasy Unlimited: The Complete Collection is a five disc DVD box set that contains all twenty-five episodes of Final Fantasy Unlimited.
Jubei-chan: The Ninja Girl
Jubei-chan: The Ninja Girl is a comedic anime series created by Akitaro Daichi.
Please visit Anime.bellaonline.com for even more great content about Anime.
To participate in free, fun online discussions, this site has a community forum all about Anime located here -
I hope to hear from you sometime soon, either in the forum or in response to this email message. I thrive on your feedback!
Thank you for your support of the BellaOnline Anime site, newsletter, and forum. Be sure to watch your inbox next Wednesday for the November 24th edition of the BellaOnline Anime newsletter.
Have fun passing this message along to family and friends, because we all love free knowledge!
Lesley Aeschliman, Anime Editor
One of hundreds of sites at BellaOnline.com