Here are the headlines to come out of the anime industry since the last newsletter:
- Anime Midwest has announced that their 2012 convention will be taking place July 6-8, 2012 at the Wyndham Lisle Chicago Hotel & Executive Meeting Center in Lisle, Illinois. The events for the convention will include a cosplay masquerade, an exhibit hall with anime merchandise, anime screenings, video game tournaments, a rave dance, a formal ball, cosplay photoshoots, and multiple panels and events.
- Izumicon has announced that voice actor Vic Mignogna, voice actor Christine Auten, voice actor Samantha Inoue-Harte, Doug Smith fron Sentai Filmworks, and voice actor David Williams will be Guests of Honor for their upcoming convention. Izumicon is taking place November 11-13, 2011 at the Sheraton Midwest City in Midwest City, Oklahoma.
- Right Stuf, Inc. and Nozomi Entertainment have announced that they will be releasing the GASARAKI Complete Series DVD Collection on February 7, 2012. The set will include the entire television series in a single keepcase. It will feature the previously released English-language dub, Japanese audio, and removable English subtitles and on-screen translations. On-disc extras include the series' multiple opening and closing sequences, as well as behind-the-scenes footage.
- Sentai Filmworks has announced that the company has acquired the license for the Phi-Brain ~ Kami No Puzzle anime television series. The series will soon be available digitally on Anime Network Online, followed by many other outlets.
- Sentai Filmworks has announced the English dub cast for the company's DVD re-release of the Princess Resurrection television anime series; the complete series DVD is scheduled to be released on January 17, 2012. Shelley Calene-Black is Hime, Blake Shepard is Hiro, Monica Rial is Sawawa, Bree Welch is Flandre, Luci Christian is Liza, Emily Neves is Reiri, Hilary Haag is Sherwood, Stephanie Wittels is Francesca, Andy McAvin is Master, Samuel Roman is Wildman, Rob Mungle is Poseidon, Chris Patton is Zeppeli, David Wald is Hosei Sanagida, Serena Varghese is Tomako, and Leraldo Anzaldua is Ryu-Ryu. Steven Foster is directing the dub.
- FUNimation's Senior Brand Manager Curtis Shaw announced on the Unofficial One Piece podcast that the company has acquired more episodes of the One Piece anime series for English dubbing. This block of episodes begins at episode 206 and goes through episode 263, and these episodes will be in high definition and in 16 by 9 aspect ratio. Shaw says that while the company would like to keep the same format for the releases, the upgraded aspect ratio and HD content allows for there to be a potential for a Blu-ray DVD/combo release somewhere down the line. FUNimation will also try to keep as much consistency as is possible with regard to voice acting. Shaw also gave a rough release date of Summer 2012 for this block of episodes.
- The Anime Network has announced that it will be streaming the Majikoi - Oh! Samurai Girls!, Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle, and Mashiro-Iro Symphony - The color of lovers anime series. The shows will stream for free on Anime Network, Hulu, and Hulu Plus. Guests will be able to watch all three of these series without having to sign up for the service. Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle will debut on the Anime Network and Hulu on Friday, November 4, 2011. The first five episodes will be released daily at 4:00 p.m. ET until episode 6 on Wednesday, November 9, 2011. From then on, episodes will be released on a weekly basis every Wednesday until all 25 episodes have been aired. Majikoi - Oh! Samurai Girls! will start airing on Friday, November 18, and Anime Network and Hulu will begin streaming the first two episodes at 12:00 p.m. ET. This will be followed by airing a new episode every week from there on. Mashiro-Iro Symphony - The color of lovers will begin streaming on Anime Network and Hulu on Monday, November 21, 2011; the first two episodes will be available for viewing at 2:00 p.m. ET, and a new episode will be available for viewing ever week thereafter.
- Anime USA has announced that voice actress Monica Rial will be a guest for their upcoming convention. Her credits include voices in Hetalia, One Piece, Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Dragon Ball Z Kai, and Fairy Tail, among others. Anime USA is taking place November 18-20, 2011 at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City in Arlington, Virginia.
- AniMinneapolis has announced that voice actor Sonny Strait will be a guest at their 2012 convention. His credits include such roles as Krillin in Dragon Ball Z, Maes Hughes in Fullmetal Alchemist, and Usopp from One Piece. AniMinneapolis will be taking place June 29-July 1, 2012 at the Ramada Inn just outside of the Mall of America.
There are topics in the anime forum for these news stories. If you'd like to join in on the discussion, there's a link to the forum later in the newsletter. You need to have a BellaOnline forum account in order to post, but signing up for a forum account is free.
|Amagami SS Collection 2||DVD|
|Dragon Ball Z: Movie Pack Collection 1 (Movies 1-5)||DVD|
|Gakuen Alice DVD Set (Litebox)||DVD|
|Voltron: The Final Battle||DVD|
This week, I posted three new articles to the Anime site. The first is a review of the Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Part 4 DVD set. The second is an overview article for the My Bride Is A Mermaid anime series. The third is an overview article for the Chrome Shelled Regios anime series. I have added words from My Bride Is a Mermaid and Chrome Shelled Regios to the list for the Anime word games. I am also featuring the Noein: To Your Other Self - The Complete Series DVD box set as an "Editor's Recommendation" on the main page of the Anime site.
Here's the latest articles from the Anime site at BellaOnline.com.
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Part 4
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Part Four is a two-disc set that contains episodes forty through fifty-two of the series.
My Bride Is A Mermaid
My Bride is a Mermaid is an anime series based on a manga series by Tahiko Kimura.
Chrome Shelled Regios
Chrome Shelled Regios is based on a manga series written by Shusuke Amagi, and the illustrations were done by Miyu.
Please visit Anime.bellaonline.com for even more great content about Anime.
To participate in free, fun online discussions, this site has a community forum all about Anime located here -
You can follow the official Twitter feed for BellaOnline's Anime section.
Become a fan of the Anime at BellaOnline Fan Page at Facebook.
I hope to hear from you sometime soon, either in the forum or in response to this email message. I thrive on your feedback!
Thank you for your support of the BellaOnline Anime site, newsletter, and forum. Be sure to watch your inbox next Wednesday for the November 9th edition of the BellaOnline Anime newsletter.
Have fun passing this message along to family and friends, because we all love free knowledge!
Lesley Aeschliman, Anime Editor
One of hundreds of sites at BellaOnline.com