Here are the headlines to come out of the anime industry since the last newsletter:
- Section23 Films has announced their releases for March 2011. March 1 will see the release of the English-subtitled Shin Koihime+Muso Complete Collection. March 8 will see the release of the English-subtitled Akane-Iro ni Somaru Saka Complete Collection. March 15 will see the release of the dubbed and subbed versions of the Clannad film. March 22 will see the release of the third Ghost Sweeper Mikami collection. March 29 will see the release of the first Blu-ray and DVD collections of Guin Saga; this release will have English dubbing and subtitles.
- Crunchyroll has announced that the site has added Kiddy Girl-and, Mushi-Uta, and Cosplay Complex, and they are now available for streaming. The first three episodes of Kiddy Girl-and and Mushi-Uta are available to all users for free; the remaining episodes for each series are only available to users with a paid subscription. Only the first episode of Cosplay Complex is available for free; the remaining two episodes of this OVA series are only available to paid users. These titles are available in North America, South America, United Kingdom, Ireland, Finland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Iceland, Netherlands, Portugal, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Middle East, and Africa.
- Aniplex of America has announced that the company will be importing the entire Kara no Kyoukai - the Garden of sinners film series in North America as an English-subtitled Blu-ray box set on February 8, 2011. The eight-disc box set will include the several theatrical chapters of the franchise, as well as the bonus Final Chapter that will be available for the first time in February. Online retailer Right Stuf is the exclusive distributor for this set. The set is retailing for around $400.
- On December 5, Redline won the Best Feature audience award at the second annual Los Angeles Animation Festival. As a winner at the event, the film was re-screened as part of the festival's International Winners Show on December 6.
- The Anime Network has announced that their content is now available on demand in the United States on the Verizon FiOS television service. This premium channel is available to current FiOS subscribers for $6.99 a month. The Anime Network states that the channel "offers at least 45 hours of original programming every month, with new content added every week." Some series are available in Japanese with English subtitles and others are available with an English dub track; however, not all of the episodes are labeled as to which of these options that they have.
- It has been announced that Studio Ghibli will be releasing an anime adaptation of Chizuru Takahashi and Tetsuro Sayama's Kokuriko-Zaka Kara manga in Japan during Summer 2011. Goro Miyazkai, the son of Hayao Miyazaki, is directing this film. The story is set in 1963, and is a coming of age story of a high school girl named Komatsuzaki.
- It has been announced that the eighth Naruto film will open in Japan in Summer 2011. The film will be directed by Masahiko Murata.
There are topics in the anime forum for these news stories. If you'd like to join in on the discussion, there's a link to the forum later in the newsletter. You need to have a BellaOnline forum account in order to post, but signing up for a forum account is free.
|Dragon Ball Z Kai: Season One, Part 3||DVD|
|Dragon Ball Z Kai: Season One, Part 3||Blu-ray|
|Naruto Uncut Season 4 V. 2||DVD|
|Nyan Koi! Complete Collection||DVD|
|Tower of Druaga: The Complete Box Set||DVD|
|This week, I posted two new articles to the Anime site. The first is an overview article for Devil May Cry. The second is an overview article for Great Teacher Onizuka. I have added words from Devil May Cry and Great Teacher Onizuka to the list for the Anime word games.|
Here's the latest articles from the Anime site at BellaOnline.com.
Devil May Cry
Devil May Cry is based on Capcom’s video game series.
Great Teacher Onizuka
Great Teacher Onizuka, which is officially abbreviated to GTO for short, is an anime series based on a manga written and illustrated by Tohru Fujisawa.
Please visit Anime.bellaonline.com for even more great content about Anime.
To participate in free, fun online discussions, this site has a community forum all about Anime located here -
I hope to hear from you sometime soon, either in the forum or in response to this email message. I thrive on your feedback!
Thank you for your support of the BellaOnline Anime site, newsletter, and forum. Be sure to watch your inbox next Wednesday for the December 22nd edition of the BellaOnline Anime newsletter.
Have fun passing this message along to family and friends, because we all love free knowledge!
Lesley Aeschliman, Anime Editor
One of hundreds of sites at BellaOnline.com