Here are the headlines to come out of the anime industry since the last newsletter:
- Mark Dailey, who provided voices for the English dubs of Beyblade and Medabots passed away on Monday, December 6, 2010 at the age of 57, due to complications from kidney cancer.
- Media Blasters has announced that the company has acquired the North American license for the Mazinkaizer SKL OVA series. The amime will be released in May 2011 on DVD, and the company could also potentially release it on Blu-ray. The company's announcement also states that the release will be 75 minutes; this should cover the all three of the OVA episodes being scheduled for release in Japan.
- FUNimation Entertainment has announced more screenings for Summer Wars. Screenings have been added at Harkins Valley Art in Tempe/Phoenix, Arizona from December 24-30, Minneapolis Fine Arts in Minneapolis, Minnesota from December 31-January 6, the Hollywood Theater in Portland, Oregon from January 7-13, and the Carousel Luxury Cinemas in Greensboro, North Carolina from January 7-13.
- Media Blasters has confirmed that the company will release the Loveless and Kashimashi television anime series with English subtitles and English dubbing in early 2011.
- The Film Society of Lincoln Center has announced that it will be presenting a program titled "In Memorian: Satoshi Kon." The program is taking place on Saturday, December 22, and includes screenings of Perfect Blue and Paprika. The films will screen at 6:30 p.m. and 8:15 p.m., respectively. Tickets for the program will go on sale on December 9.
- FUNimation Entertainment and Forbidden Planet are hosting a screening event of the first six English dubbed episodes for the anime series, Black Butler. The screening is taking place on Saturday, December 11, from 1:00-5:00 p.m. at the SoHo Gallery for Digital Art.
- The Viz Cinema theater in San Francisco has announced it will be screening the anime films Redline and The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya. Redline is screening at 5:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. every day until Thursday, December 9. The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya will begin screening at the theater on December 17.
There are topics in the anime forum for these news stories. If you'd like to join in on the discussion, there's a link to the forum later in the newsletter. You need to have a BellaOnline forum account in order to post, but signing up for a forum account is free.
|Cowboy Bebop: The Movie||DVD|
|Dirty Pair: The Original TV Series, Pt. 1 DVD Collection||DVD|
|Franz Kafka's A Country Doctor and Other Fantastic Films||DVD|
|Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: Solid State Society||Blu-Ray|
|Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Individual Eleven||Blu-Ray|
|Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - The Laughing Man||Blu-Ray|
|Kimikiss: Purge Rouge Collection 2||DVD|
|Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Season 2: Part 4||DVD|
|The Third: The Girl With the Blue Eye||DVD|
|This week, I posted three new articles to the Anime site. The first is a biography for Mark Dailey. The second is an overview article for Gunglinger Girl. The third is an overview article for Hell Girl. I have added words from Gunglinger Girl and Hell Girl to the list for the Anime word games. Rave Master Volume 3 is also an Editor's Recommendation on the main page of the Anime site.|
Here's the latest articles from the Anime site at BellaOnline.com.
Biography of Mark Dailey
This is a biography for Mark Dailey, who provided voices in the English dubs of Beyblade and Medabots.
Gunslinger Girl is an anime series based on the manga by Yu Aida.
Hell Girl (which is known in Japan as Jigoku Shojo) is an anime series produced by Aniplex and Studio Deen.
Please visit Anime.bellaonline.com for even more great content about Anime.
To participate in free, fun online discussions, this site has a community forum all about Anime located here -
I hope to hear from you sometime soon, either in the forum or in response to this email message. I thrive on your feedback!
Thank you for your support of the BellaOnline Anime site, newsletter, and forum. Be sure to watch your inbox next Wednesday for the December 15th edition of the BellaOnline Anime newsletter.
Have fun passing this message along to family and friends, because we all love free knowledge!
Lesley Aeschliman, Anime Editor
One of hundreds of sites at BellaOnline.com