Here are the headlines to come out of the anime industry since the last newsletter:
- Sentai Filmworks has announced that the company has acquired the license for the Modern Magic Made Simple television anime series. Sentai will be releasing the series on subtitled DVD in December 2012.
- NIS America has licensed the Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season anime series. The company also announced that its Kimi ni Todoke - From Me to You- Volume 1 Premium Edition will be issued as a Blu-ray/DVD combo package in January 2012.
- Discotek Media has announced that the company has licensed the two Unico anime features (The Fantastic Adventures of Unico and Unico: To the Magic Island), which they will be releasing on DVD in 2012. Both of the films will be released with an English dub and in Japanese with English subs.
- The New York Anime Festival has announced that producer Masayuki Ozaki, as well as Koichiro Natsume and Hideo Katsumata from Aniplex, Inc., will be guests at their upcoming event. Ozaki will be taking part in the Sunrise panel, as well as at a Tiger & Bunny-related event. Natsume and Katsumata will attend the Aniplex panel and a preview screening of Puella Magi Madoka Magica. The New York Anime Festival is taking place October 13-16, 2011 in New York City.
- AM2 has announced that their next event will be taking place June 15-17, 2011 at the Anaheim Convention Center and adjacent hotels. Entrance to the event is free, but attendees can purchase a Passport fast pass to avoid the lines, as well as getting premier seating options at Main Events and at Concert events. The current activities scheduled for AM2 2012 include an Exhibit Hall, AMVs, Arcade, Summer Festival, Behind the Voice Actors Studio, Masquerade, Cosplay Chess, Dances, Fashion Shows, Table Top, Console Gaming, Workshops, Panels, and Concerts.
- Pokemon: the Movie - White - Victini and Zekrom will be screened in more than 300 movie theaters in America over the December 3-4 weekend. Cinedigm is handling the digital theatrical distribution. In addition, Pokemon the Movie: Black - Victini and Reshiram will also be making its debut in December; however, according to the Pokemon Company, details of the second film's launch "will be coming soon."
- The Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos anime film will be screening at several upcoming film festivals. The Hawaiian International Film Festival will screen the film on October 18, 2011 at 9:15 p.m. The Vancouver Asian Film Festival, which goes from November 3-November 6, 2011, has not announced the date, time, or location of its screening. Toronto's Reel Asian International Film Festival, which takes place November 8-November 19, 2011, has not announced any details for its screening. The San Francisco International Animation Festival, which takes place November 11-November 14, 2011, has also not announced any details for its screening.
- The Japan Information and Culture Center will be screening Welcome to the Space Show on September 30, 2011 at 6:30 p.m. The screening is being held at the JICC Auditorium in Washington, D.C.; the screening will include English subtitles. The event is free and open to the public, but seating is limited. Guests need to register for the event at the JICC website; while registration does not guarantee guests a seat, registered guests will be seated first.
- The New York Anime Festival has announced that screenwriter Dai Sato and Tekken project director Katsuhiro Harada will be guests for their upcoming event, which is taking place October 13-16, 2011. They will both be presenting a 3D screening of the Tekken: Blood Vengenance film at 1:30 p.m. on October 16; they will also hpld Q&A sessions before and after the screening.
- Nekocon has announced that voice actress Leah Clark will be a guest at their upcoming convention. Clark's credits include Blair in Soul Eater, Noah in Fullmetal Alchemist, Coby and Miss Doublefinger in One Piece, and Hikari in Evangelion 1.0 and Evangelion 2.0. Neokocon is taking place November 4-6, 2011 at the Hampton Roads Convention Center in Hampton, Virginia.
- The New York Anime Festival will be screening the U.S. premieres of Guilty Crown and Fate/Zero during their event in New York City on October 13-16, 2011. These screenings will be comprised of the first two episodes for each series. The screening for Guilty Crown will be on October 16, while the screening for Fate/Zero will be on October 15.
- Aniplex of America has announced that the company will be streaming the Fate/Zero anime television series, subtitled in eight languages, worldwide via Niconico Live and Niconico Channel services. The free streaming begins October 1, 2011 at 8:30 a.m. PDT, and each episode will be online for one week only. The subtitles will be in Korean, Chinese (Traditional and Simplified), English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish.
- Anime NebrasKon has announced that voice actress Stephanie Young will be a guest at their upcoming convention. Young's credits include Clare in Claymore, Robin in One Piece, and Itoko Osakabe in School Rumble. Anime NebrasKon is taking place November 4-6, 2011 at the Ramada Plaza Omaha Hotel & Convention Center.
- Section 23 has announced that company's December 2011 releases. The Rozen Maiden Complete Collection and Rozen Maiden Ouverture are being released on DVD on December 6, 2011, and will feature English and Japanese with English subtitles. Kino's Journey Complete Collection is being released on DVD on December 13, 2011, and will feature English and Japanese with English subtitles. Elfen Lied Complete Collection and Modern Magic Made Simple Complete Collection are being released on DVD on December 20, 2011. Elfen Lied is being released in English and Japanese with English subtitles, while Modern Magic Made Simple is being released in Japanese with English subtitles. Himawari, Too! Season 2 Collection is being released on DVD on December 27, 2011 in Japanese with English subtitles.
- Con-Nichiwa has announced their initial guest list for their upcoming convention. The guests currently scheduled to appear are voice actors Monica Rial, Colleen Clinkenbeard, Mike McFarland, and Kyle Hebert. Monica Rial's credits include providing voices in such anime as Dragon Ball Z Kai, Chrono Crusade, Claymore, One Piece, and Fullmetal Alchemist. Colleen Clinkenbeard's credits include providing voices in such anime as Fullmetal Alchemist, One Piece, and Trinity Blood. Mike McFarland's credits include providing voices in such anime as Dragon Ball Z, Fruits Basket, Fullmetal Alchemist, and One Piece. Kyle Hebert's credits include providing voices in such anime as Naruto, Bleach, and Dragon Ball Z. Con-Nichiwa will be held March 23-25, 2012 at the Holiday Inn Palo Verde in Tucson, Arizona.
There are topics in the anime forum for these news stories. If you'd like to join in on the discussion, there's a link to the forum later in the newsletter. You need to have a BellaOnline forum account in order to post, but signing up for a forum account is free.
|Amagami SS Collection 1||DVD|
|The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya||DVD/Blu-ray Combo|
|The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya||DVD|
|D.N. Angel Complete Series||DVD|
|Katanagatari Box Set 2 Premium Edition||DVD/Blu-ray|
|Pokemon: Zoroark Master of Illusions||DVD|
|Rurouni Kenshin: Reflection||Blu-ray|
|Vampire Knight Guilty Complete Series||DVD|
This week, I posted two new articles to the Anime site. The first is a review of the Dragon Ball film, Mystical Adventure. The second is an overview article for Durarara!!. I have added words from Durarara!! to the list for the Anime word games, and Megazone 23 Complete Collection is being featured as an "Editor's Recommendation" on the main page of the Anime site.
Here's the latest articles from the Anime site at BellaOnline.com.
Dragon Ball Mystical Adventure
Dragon Ball: Mystical Adventure is the third film released for the Dragon Ball franchise.
Durarara!! is an anime series based on a light novel series written by Ryohgo Narita and illustrated by Suzuhito Yasuda.
Please visit Anime.bellaonline.com for even more great content about Anime.
To participate in free, fun online discussions, this site has a community forum all about Anime located here -
You can follow the official Twitter feed for BellaOnline's Anime section.
Become a fan of the Anime at BellaOnline Fan Page at Facebook.
I hope to hear from you sometime soon, either in the forum or in response to this email message. I thrive on your feedback!
Thank you for your support of the BellaOnline Anime site, newsletter, and forum. Be sure to watch your inbox next Wednesday for the September 28th edition of the BellaOnline Anime newsletter.
Have fun passing this message along to family and friends, because we all love free knowledge!
Lesley Aeschliman, Anime Editor
One of hundreds of sites at BellaOnline.com