Here's the latest article from the Cooking for Kids site at BellaOnline.com.
Let’s Have a Picnic!
The arrival of spring means warmer weather, and more importantly, picnic weather! You can have picnics for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, and create special memories with your family at the same time.
Happy Easter! And, Happy Easter Egg hunting for all the little ones that will happily be searching for eggs today!
Have you and your kids ever tried to make homemade jelly? One of our forum members did, and she talks about her success and provides a link to the recipe. Click on the link below to visit the Cooking for Kids forum.
Recipe of the week: Eggland's Best Baked Apple French Toast
This recipe was submitted by Laurel. It looks delicious! Thank you, Laurel!
Serving Size: 16
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 40-50 minutes
Serving Ideas: Breakfast & Brunch
3 large green apples
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
12 oz. cream cheese
12 slices firm bread
8 Eggland's Best eggs
2 cups milk
2 tablespoons vanilla
1. Set rack in lower third of oven and preheat oven to 350? F. Butter a
2. Core and cut the apples into thin wedges, leaving the skin on (if
3. In a skillet, melt butter with brown sugar and one tablespoon water.
Add apples and cook, stirring for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Transfer cooked apples to the baking dish; allow to cool.
5. Cut cream cheese into cubes and arrange evenly over the apples.
6. Cut slices of bread in half diagonally and layer over the apples to
cover the whole dish.
7. In a large bowl, beat together Eggland's Best eggs, milk, and
8. Pour the egg mixture over the bread, taking care to dampen all the
9. Sprinkle with cinnamon. The dish needs to be baked for 40 to 50
minutes, until golden and puffed. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
To lower total fat, use low fat milk and low fat cream cheese.
If you’d like to submit a recipe or cooking for kids tip to our newsletter, please e-mail me at email@example.com. Thanks!
I hope to hear from you sometime soon, either in the forum or in response to this email message. I thrive on your feedback!
Have fun passing this message along to family and friends, because we all love free knowledge!
Brandii Lacey, Cooking for Kids Editor
One of hundreds of sites at BellaOnline.com