Here's the latest article from the Ergonomics site at BellaOnline.com.
Ergonomics - Growing Pains or Just Misunderstood?
In "Ergonomics is a Crock", the validity of ergonomics is questioned after the author has a bad experience using a new keyboard. He confuses the keyboard with ergonomics. Is the profession undergoing growing pains, or is it just misunderstood? This response looks to ergonomic roots for an answer.
A Quick Review of some Basic Ergonomic Principles
1. Reduce repetitive movements.
2. Rotate through job activities.
3. Reduce the force of movements.
4. Reduce awkward positioning.
5. Perform tasks following proper body mechanic principles.
6. Minimize vibration.
7. Minimize the effect of the environment such as extreme heat, cold, and noise.
8. Frequent stretches and micro-breaks improve long-term productivity.
Read Lance Ulanoff’s full article:
Ergonomics is a Crock
Please visit ergonomics.bellaonline.com for even more great content about Ergonomics.
Check out the Ergonomic Forum for a few quick tips on reducing repetitive work activity -
I hope to hear from you sometime soon, either in the forum or in response to this email message. I enjoy your feedback!
Feel free to pass this message along to family, friends and co-workers.
Marji Hajic, Ergonomics Editor
One of hundreds of sites at BellaOnline.com