My latest article on the Feng Shui site at BellaOnline.com is "De-clutter Your Bookshelves." In Feng Shui, keeping too many books on your bookshelves can symbolically block new energy from reaching you. These first days of Spring are the perfect time to clear out some of your books and remove some of their "weight" from your home.
Start your clutter-clearing plan by emptying all your bookshelves, then picking up each book and asking yourself the ten questions in this article:
1. Am I reading it now?
2. Am I planning to read it in the next week, month, etc.
3. Is it part of a collection?
4. Does it have serious sentimental value?
5. Is it necessary for reference?
6. Would someone else be happy to have it?
7. Can I sell it?
8. Am I really going to get around to selling it?
9. Can it be donated?
10. Can it be recycled into anything artistic?
Read the complete article to find out what to do when you answer "Yes" or "No" to these questions. The article is located at http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art171168.asp.
People get attached to their books, so after you read the article post your thoughts about book-clearing on the Feng Shui Forum at http://forums.bellaonline.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=70.
Please e-mail me directly if you have questions about clearing out your bookshelves, or any other Feng Shui topics.
Carol M. Olmstead, Feng Shui Editor