November 13 2008 Jokes & Riddles Newsletter
Test your common sense skills. Read these questions, then find the answers at the end of this newsletter. Have fun!
1. The human body holds nine quarts of blood. Suppose you were alone in the desert and accidently cut a major artery. If you bleed at one cup a minute, how long will it take you to bleed to death?
2. Suppose you are on an elevator on the 16th floor of a building, when the cable breaks. As you plummet toward the ground, you recall that you once heard that by jumping up fast at the instant of impact, you can escape death. You also recall that the floors are twelve feet apart and that the acceleration of a falling object is 32 feet per second squared. When should you jump?
3. If a boy and a half could eat a hot dog and a half in a minute and a half, how many hot dogs could six boys eat in six minutes?
Here's the latest article from the Jokes & Riddles site at BellaOnline.com.
Fry Thieves and Burger Bouncers
Do you like to people watch? Ever hope to catch someone doing something that's completely laugh worthy (excluding yourself)? Here's a true story about what happens if you ever think about stealing something...even french fries.
Please visit jokes.bellaonline.com for even more great content about Jokes & Riddles.
To participate in free, fun online discussions, this site has a community forum all about Jokes & Riddles located here -
Please feel free to contact me either through the contact form or the Jokes Forum for suggestions on articles or links, or ideas about what you would like to see on the site. I would also be happy to review sites or products- humor books, CD's or DVD's and any other joke oriented materials.
Answer to above common sense riddles:
1. Apply a tourniquet, and you won't.
2. You would impact between the 2nd and 3rd second after the cable broke, so you would want to jump 2 seconds after the break. However, considering the calculations involved, you would probably end up as a heap of screaming bloody mess at the bottom of the elevator shaft before you figured the answer out. Besides, there's no telling if jumping really works.
3. Who cares? I want to see how that half a boy can eat anything.
Have fun passing this message along to family and friends, because we all love humor!
Rose Thomason, Jokes & Riddles Editor
One of hundreds of sites at BellaOnline.com
Unsubscribe from the Jokes & Riddles Newsletter
Online Newsletter Archive for Jokes & Riddles Site
Master List of BellaOnline Newsletters