An Eye on Vision Issues!
Volume 2: Issue 3; Week of February 17 to 23, 2013
Whats happening in your world? Visit the Vision Issues Forum and post a thread telling us about your life.
Relative Vision Topics:
1. FDA approves first bionic eye this past week the FDA approved the use of a bionic eye that improved sight for individuals with Retinitis Pigmentosa.
More info: Search FDA Approves First Bionic Eye
2. A study involving the efficacy or safety of using human central nervous system stem cells to treat Macular Degeneration is currently seeking recruits. The study is a single group assignment interventional design. StemCells, Inc. is the sponsoring company of the study.
For more information:
Visit www.clinicaltrials.gov and enter the Study Title NCT01632527 to obtain contact information. Study based in Texas recruiting area Dallas, must be age 50 and above.
3. Tech Access Michael Lauf - Database that connects Employers to Disabled Employees:
Information link: What Disability?
Employment Opportunities: Courtesy of the American Foundation for the Blind.
1. MANAGEMENT TRAINEE - WEST ALLIS, WI
2. ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST/BSC ACCOUNTS PAYABLE - WEST ALLIS, WI
3. WOUNDED WARRIOR PROGRAM COORDINATOR - WEST ALLIS, WISCONSIN
Here's the latest article from the Vision Issues site at BellaOnline.com.
Visually Impaired/Blind Audio Newspapers
Audio Newspapers and magazines read via the telephone, a service provided by the National federation of the Blind (NFB). The service is provided for the visually impaired/blind and physically handicapped. Get the service by
Use this link to go directly to the article:
What research studies have you read lately showing improvement with a vision issue? Do you have a topic you would like to discuss? Visit the forum and post a thread on the vision issues forum and we can talk about the issue. What do you think about the Bionic eye?
Use this link to go directly to the forum:
Coming next week: Restasis Chronic Dry Eye Medication
Restasis, medication designed to relieve and improve symptoms of Chronic Dry Eye. Discover specific information about the product.
Until next week Have a great week!
Dean Ingalls, Vision Issues Editor
One of hundreds of sites at BellaOnline.com