An Eye on Vision Issues!
Volume 3: Issue 2; Week of March 10 to 16, 2013.
Hope everyone has adjusted to the moving of the clock forward an hour. I always need a few days to adjust to the time change.
As Spring approaches the thoughts of spending more time outside enjoying the warmer weather, fresh air, new growth and the aromas of nature always brings a smile to my face. I hope it brings a smile to your face also.
Vision related topics:
1. Feature stories on Matilda Ziegler Magazine for the blind:
a) “Navigating Your Environment Using Sight Compass,” written by feature writer Alena Roberts.
b) Learn about the Smart 911 emergency alert system written by John Christie.
2. Visit the living textbook of medicine for breaking medical news – www.wikidoc.org
Employment Opportunities: Courtesy of the American foundation for the Blind.
1. Bag Folder/Picker, Kansas City, KS - Kansas City, Kansas
2. Customer Service Representative - Jefferson City, MO
3. machine Operator-Pen/Pencil - West Allis, WI
4. Receptionist - Cincinnati, OH
Here's the latest article from the Vision Issues site at BellaOnline.com.
How To Do a Home Vision Screening.
Specific information for completing a vision screening from home. What you need and step-by-step directions.
Visit the Vision Forum and Post a thread to start a discussion!
Coming next week: Lions World services for the blind Organization
A vision organization offering job training programs for the vision impaired. Learn about the courses offered by the organization.
Until next week – Have a great week!
Dean Ingalls, Vision Issues Editor
One of hundreds of sites at BellaOnline.com