An Eye on Vision Issues!
Volume 3: Issue 4; Week of March 24 to 30, 2013.
Well, more snow – but by the end of the week, temperatures expected in the 50’s – Yeah!
Easter is upon us – do you have plans? Enjoy a spring break and plan a trip. Smile!
Vision related topics:
1. New developments for an easy to use smart Phone – RAY mobile device – more info. At: www.whatdisability.com
2. Narrated TV Guide listings – American foundation for the Blind added a listing of vision impaired television channels at: www.afb.org
Employment Opportunities: Courtesy of the American Foundation for the Blind.
1. Deaf-Blind Education Consultant - Vinton Iowa
2. Teacher of the Visually Impaired - Vinton Iowa
3. Part-Time Braille Instructor - Oakland, CA
**Winston-Salem Industries for the Blind – filling 15 open customer service positions in El Paso, Texas. Jobs in connection with the Hewitt-Packard company.
For more information go to the career center at:
Here's the latest article from the Vision Issues site at BellaOnline.com.
Blind Accessible Audio Book Programs
A review of four programs offering books that can be accessed by the visually impaired and physically handicapped.
Coming next week: NFB Telescoping White Cane Review
I use the NFB Telescoping White Cane on a daily basis. Find out why in this article.
**Stay tuned -
An article titled “Choosing a White Cane Helpful Tips” is a follow-up article to the NFB telescoping white cane article coming soon.
Vision Issues Forum Challenge: What type of white cane is perfect?
I like a telescoping white cane, "Do you?"Post your thoughts on the perfect white cane in the forum thread titled “Perfect White Cane!” Tell us about your traveling equipment.
Until next week - Have a great week!
Dean Ingalls, Vision Issues Editor
One of hundreds of sites at BellaOnline.com