Submission Guidelines for PlaysMused - the BellaOnline Literary Review gladly accepts original, unpublished theatrical plays and screenplays. We look for exceptional writing with clever and artistic use of dialog. We also seek engaging plots, character development, pacing, and stage/set direction. The gamut from comedy to tragedy is welcome.
Specifics for Your Submissions:
- We will review submissions of all styles of plays from short one-page scenes to longer TV-style screenplays. Be creative! Do a tongue-in-cheek comedy sketch, a serious mini-drama, a social commentary on current events, or whatever else strikes your fancy!
- Note that for legal reasons we do not accept adaptations of existing stories (i.e. no plays based on Twilight characters). Because our publication is currently text only, we cannot review musicals.
- All works must be original and unpublished, please.
- We look forward to reading your personal masterpieces!
- Submissions should be limited to one play per submission period of Mused. The maximum length of your submission should not exceed 7,500 words in length, or about 8 printed pages.
- BellaOnline is a world wide publication read by people of all ages and all cultural backgrounds. Because of that we cannot run any sexual content or profanities.
Calculating a Word Count
Proofreading Your Submission
Play Submission Form