Video on Wix Websites
Let's take a look at the video background options. Have you noticed that video backgrounds are becoming very popular. For example, a business website can have a video background that shows behind the scenes video.
To add a video as the page background, the video will cover the entire page. However, if you wish to limit the video to a certain area of the webpage, you would add a strip in that location and set the video as the strip background.
Page Background Video
You can add any of the free Wix videos or upload your own video to use as the page background.
Add Video as Page Background
- Click the Background icon in the Editor menu.
- Choose the Video option.
- Select a Wix video or find your uploaded video from the Media Manager.
- Click Change Background to add the video as your background.
- Select the strip on the page.
- From the popup menu, click Change Strip Background.
- From the choices, click Video.
- Select a video from the Media Manager.
- Click the Change Background button to add the video to the strip.
You also have the option to add a video as a page element.
Add a Single YouTube or Vimeo Video
- From the Editor menu, click the Add icon.
- From the list of elements, choose Video.
- In the Add A Video menu, you have several options. We will use the first option, which is to add a Single Video Player.
You can add a single video player for YouTube or Vimeo.
You could add the Wix Video app
You could add a third-party app
When you choose the Single Video Player option, a new video box will be added to the page.
- Click the Change Video option from the menu above the video box.
When the Video Settings window opens, search for your YouTube video or type your video's web address.
- Set the options for how the video will play.
Autoplays on loading - on or off
In a Loop - on or off
When are controls shown - always, never or on hover.
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Diane Cipollo. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Diane Cipollo. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Diane Cipollo for details.