Shortcut Chocolate Zucchini Picnic Cake Recipe
The toppings on this cake make for a decadent dessert, and if not traveling, you can add a scoop of ice cream on the side. With or without the ice cream, you’ll have no leftovers and several requests for the recipe.
1 chocolate cake mix
2 cups finely shredded zucchini
1 cup coconut
1 cup chopped pecans
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 9 x 13" baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Mix the cake mix, eggs, and zucchini until smooth; spread in the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle evenly with the coconut, then nuts, then chocolate chips.
- Sprinkle with the brown sugar, breaking it up by rubbing it through your fingers before sprinkling it over the chocolate chips.
- Carefully press the toppings down into the cake a little.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until the cake pulls away from the sides.
- Cool thoroughly before cutting into 24 squares.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 266 Calories from Fat 109
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 41% Protein 2% Carb. 57%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 12 g
Saturated Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 27 mg
Sodium 153 mg
Total Carbohydrate 38 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 10 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 2% Calcium 0% Iron 3%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.