Finding Beauty in Your Spice Cabinet
Some of the benefits of these spices for skin care are:
- Cinnamon stimulates the blood flow, is great for acne, blemishes and eczema and has a few anti-aging benefits as well.
- Cardamom is a natural toner, great when used for acne and it too has benefits for aging skin.
- Cloves is another spice that good when used for acne and blemishes.
- Ginger increases your blood flow and helps in clearing up blemishes. It's also known to aid in evening your skin tone.
- Nutmeg reduces redness and inflammation in your skin. It has also been used for acne, eczema and blemishes.
So if you were looking to make a beauty product from these spices, what would you choose? How about a ...
Here's what you’ll need:
2 cups of sugar
1 cup of coconut oil, softened. (Coconut oil has a tendency to become solid in colder temps, so you can choose almond, grape seed, or one of your favorite carrier oils instead.)
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground clove
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
A container for storage.
Blend everything together in your bowl, mixing it well. Place your mixture into an airtight container. When you’re ready to use it, lightly massage yourself all over with the blend and rinse off.
You might choose to add other spices or remove existing ones, depending on your skin care needs at the time. The key is to have fun making the blend and enjoy it as you use it.
Spices ... from your kitchen to your bathroom providing beauty from the inside out. That's it for this week.
Nyraju Skin Care
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Juliette Samuel. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Juliette Samuel. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Juliette Samuel for details.