Teri Brown's Chewy Molasses Cookies Recipe
These cookies are easy – no rolling out necessary – they are simply scooped into balls, rolled in sugar, and baked. They are especially good on holiday cookie trays, as well as at holiday buffets, and are a good change from some of the more popular Christmas cookies.
Makes 4 Dozen Cookies
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup softened butter
1/4 cup molasses
2 1/4 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Measure 1/2 cup of the sugar and place in a small bowl.
- Beat the butter and remaining cup of sugar until combined; beat in the egg and molasses.
- Measure the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt into a fine strainer set over the mixing bowl and shake through. Turn the mixer to low speed and mix just until a dough forms.
- Scoop dough into tablespoon size balls and roll in the reserved sugar to coat.
- Place on parchment-lined baking sheets and bake until just firm - 10-12 minutes.
- Cool 1 minute on baking sheets before transferring to cooling racks.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 77 Calories from Fat 27
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 35% Protein 4% Carb. 61%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 3 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 12 mg
Sodium 82 mg
Total Carbohydrate 12 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 6 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 2%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.