Candy Bar Truffles Recipe
You’ll want to use your favorite little bars for these truffles. My first batch included Snickers, Three Musketeers, and Mars Bars. I have also made them with peanut butter cups, Mounds and Almond Joy bars, and heath bars. You can use a mixture of your favorites, or just one kind such as peppermint patties. You’ll be surprised how easy these are and they can be made ahead.
48 1-inch Truffles
24 fun-size candy bars
3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, (try to avoid chocolate flavored or Nestles brand)
1 cup heavy whipping cream
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, for dusting
- Open the candy bars and place them in the food processor; pulse until they are finely ground. Depending on the flavors of the candy bars, they may clump together in the food processor. This is okay.
- Place the chocolate chips and heavy cream in a microwave-safe glass measure (8 cup measuring cup is preferable).
- Microwave 3 minutes; remove from the microwave and add the ground candy bars.
- Let the mixture sit 5 minutes; whisk until smooth.
- Refrigerate until thick.
- Using a cookie scoop (or spoon if one isn't available), scoop balls and use your hands to make them round.
- Roll in cocoa and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 132 Calories from Fat 68
Percent Total Calories From:
Fat 52% Protein 3% Carb. 45%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 8 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 8 mg
Sodium 29 mg
Total Carbohydrate 15 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 3 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 1%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.