A flavoring company says We’re not normally big fans of “box” cakes, but this one is special! This easy, informal—but very rich—cake is the perfect way to cool off after a spicy meal. If you want to be fancy, go ahead and make it into a layer cake or toast the coconut flakes before garnishing, but we think you’ll love this indulgent treat just as it is.
1 box white cake mix
1/4 cup/60 mL Watkins Original Grapeseed Oil
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 tbsp/7.5 mL Watkins Double-Strength Imitation White Vanilla Flavor
8 oz/227 g sour cream
8 oz/227 g cream of coconut
Cream Cheese Frosting:
1 box (1 lb/454 g) powdered sugar
1/4 cup/60 mL (1/2 stick) butter
2 tbsp/30 mL milk
2 tsp/10 mL Watkins Double-Strength Imitation White Vanilla Flavor
1 pkg (8 oz/227 g) cream cheese, softened
1 cup/240 mL coconut flakes
1. Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
2. Mix all ingredients.
3. Pour into 9 x 13 (23 x 33 cm) pan which has been sprayed with Watkins Cooking Spray.
4. Bake 35 minutes, or until cake tests done.
5. Cool completely before frosting.
6. Mix all frosting ingredients except coconut; spread on cake Top with coconut.