Turkey Kielbasa and sauerkraut is a fine combination. Especially when served with pork and beans or stuffed in a warm Pita pocket. Vinegared peppers and sliced onion makes this a very grown up dish. The liquid refreshments of choice are iced tea or very cold beer.
2 packs of sauerkraut (the kind in plastic pouches)*
1 pepper from Peppered Vinegar (or buy hot peppers in vinegar)
1 package of turkey kielbasa
1 small onion
1. Open sauerkraut and heat in small skillet.
2. Finely dice pepper and add to sauerkraut. Add 2 or 3 drops of Peppered Vinegar to skillet.
3. Make very thin onion slices, separate and add to skillet.
4. Slice kielbasa on wide angle and place in skillet with sauerkraut and onion. Continue heating until the keilbasa is fully heated. Cover for about 5 mins. to mingle flavors.
* Serve with pork and beans. Add sliced beefsteak tomatoes as a side dish.
* Stuff in a warm Pita pocket; place a strong mustard (German) in pocket before adding the kielbasa and sauerkraut.
* Serve with mashed potatoes.