Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Turkey Kielbasa and Spicy Sauerkraut Recipe
Turkey Kielbasa and sauerkraut is a fine combination. Especially when served with pork and beans or stuffed in a warm Pita pocket. Vinegared peppers and sliced onion makes this a very grown up dish. The liquid refreshments of choice are iced tea or very cold beer.
2 packs of sauerkraut (the kind in plastic pouches)*
1 pepper from Peppered Vinegar (or buy hot peppers in vinegar)
1 package of turkey kielbasa
1 small onion
1. Open sauerkraut and heat in small skillet.
2. Finely dice pepper and add to sauerkraut. Add 2 or 3 drops of Peppered Vinegar to skillet.
3. Make very thin onion slices, separate and add to skillet.
4. Slice kielbasa on wide angle and place in skillet with sauerkraut and onion. Continue heating until the keilbasa is fully heated. Cover for about 5 mins. to mingle flavors.
* Serve with pork and beans. Add sliced beefsteak tomatoes as a side dish.
* Stuff in a warm Pita pocket; place a strong mustard (German) in pocket before adding the kielbasa and sauerkraut.
* Serve with mashed potatoes.
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2013 by Vannie Ryanes. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Vannie Ryanes. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Vannie Ryanes for details.
Website copyright © 2013 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.