Coming up with creative and romantic date ideas that donít cost a fortune can be a challenge on just about any day of the year but every time February 14th rolls around, the pressure to plan a perfect evening with your partner can sometimes get a little overwhelming. If you are on a tight budget but are still hoping to fan the flames of romance this Valentineís Day, check out the suggestions below for ideas on how to plan a Valentineís Day date that both you and your partner will remember for a long time to come.
- Cooperative Cooking - Instead of battling the crowds and shelling out big bucks for a Valentineís Day meal out on the town, make this Valentineís Day extra special by making a home-cooked meal for each other. Decide on the menu ahead of time, write down the recipe, go to the grocery store together to pick up the necessary items and then spend the evening enjoying each otherís company as you both work to prepare the meal together. Make sure not to forget dessert!
- Private Spa Day - As romantic as going to an established spa can be, it is also usually very expensive. Save some cash and turn up the romance by planning a special, private spa day at home. Take turns giving each other pedicures followed by a sensual massage. When you are done pampering one another, light a few candles and take a romantic bubble bath together.
- Backyard Camping - Pitch a tent in your own backyard and fire up a delicious meal on the grill. Spend the evening gazing up at the night sky and sharing memories about all of the adventures youíve had together and fantasizing about those adventures yet to come.
- Take a Walk Down Memory Lane - Spend the night making new memories by revisiting old ones. Gather all of your pictures, letters and other relationship souvenirs. Go through them together and use them to put together a scrap book that reflects all of the good times youíve shared.
- Play Together - Go to a playground and have some fun being a kid again with your partner. Play on the swings together or go down a slide and let your partner catch you at the bottom. Perhaps pick up a romantic board game for couples that you could play at home. If you are both artistically inclined or even if you arenít, it could be fun to draw pictures for each other that represent the way you feel.
Whatever activity you ultimately decide on, the most important thing is for you and your partner to have fun together. As long as the focus of the date is primarily on each other, you are sure to have a romantic date to remember.