Are you guilty of giving reasons why things can't change. We hear the same excuses time and again.
Stop and think before you utter any of the phrases below, there's still time to make a resolution to be more positive.
(1) Weíve never done it before.
(2) Nobody else has ever done it.
(3) It has never been tried before.
(4) We tried it before.
(5) Another company/person tried it before.
(6) Weíve been doing it this way for 25 years.
(7) It wonít work in a small company.
(8) It wonít work in a large company.
(9) It wonít work in our company.
(10) Why change ó itís working OK.
(11) The boss will never buy it.
(12) It needs further investigation.
(13) Our competitors are not doing it.
(14) Itís too much trouble to change.
(15) Our company is different.
(16) The ad department says it canít be done.
(17) The sales department says it canít be sold.
(18) The service department wonít like it.
(19) The janitor says it canít be done and he's been here a long time.
(20) It canít be done.
(21) We donít have the money.
(22) We donít have the personnel.
(23) We donít have the equipment.
(24) The union will scream.
(25) Itís too visionary.
(26) You canít teach an old dog new tricks.
(27) Itís too radical a change.
(28) Itís beyond my responsibility.
(29) Itís not my job.
(30) We donít have the time.
(31) It will obsolete other procedures.
(32) Customers wonít buy it.
(33) Itís contrary to policy.
(34) It will increase overhead.
(35) The employees will never buy it.
(36) Itís not our problem.
(37) I donít like it.
(38) Youíre right, but...
(39) Weíre not ready for it.
(40) It needs more thought.
(41) Management wonít accept it.
(42) We canít take the chance.
(43) Weíd lose money on it.
(44) It takes too long to pay out.
(45) Weíre doing all right as it is.
(46) It needs committee study.
(47) Competition wonít like it.
(48) It needs sleeping on.
(49) It wonít work in this department.
(50) Itís impossible.
Hone your skills for work and family and you hone them for living life to the fullest