To watch a video for these instructions click here
1 large lavash wrap (preferably Damascus Bakeries)
½ lb lean beef (filet)
1 tbsp soy sauce
¼ cup pre shredded carrots
1 small green onion
½ small vine ripened tomato
1 tsp stir fry oil
¼ tsp garlic salt
1 tsp seasoned rice vinegar
2 to 3 large green Lettuce leaves
1 tbsp peanut oil
3 tbsp low sodium soy
1 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
1 ½ tsp sugar
2 tsp hot chili garlic sauce
1 tbsp cornstarch
- Remove all of the fat from the beef and slice it against the grain into thin long strips. Place these strips in a bowl and add the soy sauce mixing it in thoroughly. Let the meat marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes while preparing the other ingredients.
- Measure out the carrots.
- Rinse the green onion under cold running water and dry it with a paper towel. Cut off the base and about an inch from the top of the greens and discard. Cut the remaining stalk into small pieces and set them aside.
- Rinse the tomato under cold running water and dry it with a paper towel. Cut it into ¼ inch pieces and place them in a non metallic bowl. Add the stir fry oil, garlic salt and seasoned rice vinegar and mix everything together thoroughly.
- Rinse the lettuce leaves under cold running water and dry them with paper towels. Then cut out the middle rib from each leaf and discard.
- In a large cup mix together all of the ingredients for the sauce. Stir thoroughly until the cornstarch dissolves.
- Now it’s time to start cooking the beef. Heat a wok on high. Once hot, add the peanut oil and let it get hot.
- When the oil is hot add the beef and stir fry it for 30 seconds to a minute, or just until it is cooked through.
- Then add the sauce and stir until the sauce thickens and coats the beef.
- Then remove the beef from the heat and let it cool down just slightly.
- Next, microwave the lavash for 30 seconds covered with a damp paper towel.
- Now it’s time to start wrapping in the center of the lavash add the beef, carrots, green onion, tomato, and lettuce.
- Carefully fold one side over and roll the wrap up tightly. Then take each end and fold them under. Place the wrap on a plate with the folded ends underneath. Cut the wrap in half and serve. This makes one large wrap.