This Asian beef wrap recipe combines stir fried beef with fresh lettuce, seasoned tomatoes, carrots and green onion to make the perfect healthy and delicious lunch. If you have never had a wrap before, it is similar to a sandwich, burrito or gyro. Try this amazing Asian beef wrap recipe and let me know what you think in the Chinese food forum. Enjoy!
To watch a video for these instructions click here
1 large lavash wrap (preferably Damascus Bakeries)
½ lb lean beef (filet)
1 tbsp soy sauce
¼ cup pre shredded carrots
1 small green onion
½ small vine ripened tomato
1 tsp stir fry oil
¼ tsp garlic salt
1 tsp seasoned rice vinegar
2 to 3 large green Lettuce leaves
1 tbsp peanut oil
3 tbsp low sodium soy
1 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
1 ½ tsp sugar
2 tsp hot chili garlic sauce
1 tbsp cornstarch
- Remove all of the fat from the beef and slice it against the grain into thin long strips. Place these strips in a bowl and add the soy sauce mixing it in thoroughly. Let the meat marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes while preparing the other ingredients.
- Measure out the carrots.
- Rinse the green onion under cold running water and dry it with a paper towel. Cut off the base and about an inch from the top of the greens and discard. Cut the remaining stalk into small pieces and set them aside.
- Rinse the tomato under cold running water and dry it with a paper towel. Cut it into ¼ inch pieces and place them in a non metallic bowl. Add the stir fry oil, garlic salt and seasoned rice vinegar and mix everything together thoroughly.
- Rinse the lettuce leaves under cold running water and dry them with paper towels. Then cut out the middle rib from each leaf and discard.
- In a large cup mix together all of the ingredients for the sauce. Stir thoroughly until the cornstarch dissolves.
- Now it’s time to start cooking the beef. Heat a wok on high. Once hot, add the peanut oil and let it get hot.
- When the oil is hot add the beef and stir fry it for 30 seconds to a minute, or just until it is cooked through.
- Then add the sauce and stir until the sauce thickens and coats the beef.
- Then remove the beef from the heat and let it cool down just slightly.
- Next, microwave the lavash for 30 seconds covered with a damp paper towel.
- Now it’s time to start wrapping in the center of the lavash add the beef, carrots, green onion, tomato, and lettuce.
- Carefully fold one side over and roll the wrap up tightly. Then take each end and fold them under. Place the wrap on a plate with the folded ends underneath. Cut the wrap in half and serve. This makes one large wrap.