To watch a video for these instructions click here
1 large lavash wrap (preferably Damascus Bakeries)
1 boneless skinless chicken breast
½ tsp garlic salt
¼ cup pre shredded carrots
1 small green onion
½ small vine ripened tomato
1 tsp stir fry oil
1 tsp seasoned rice vinegar
2 to 3 large green Lettuce leaves
½ tbsp peanut oil
2 tbsp sweet chili sauce (preferably Maggies)
- Remove all of the fat from the chicken and cut it into ½ inch cubes. Place these cubes in a bowl and add just ¼ tsp of the garlic salt. Use your hand to mix it in thoroughly and then let it marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes while preparing the other ingredients.
- Measure out the carrots.
- Rinse the green onion under cold running water and dry it with a paper towel. Cut off the base and about an inch from the top of the greens and discard. Cut the remaining stalk into small pieces and set them aside.
- Rinse the tomato under cold running water and dry it with a paper towel. Cut it into ¼ inch pieces and place them in a non metallic bowl. Add the stir fry oil, garlic salt and seasoned rice vinegar and mix everything together thoroughly.
- Rinse the lettuce leaves under cold running water and dry them with paper towels. Then cut out the middle rib from each leaf and discard.
- Now it’s time to start cooking the chicken. Heat a wok on high. Once hot, add the peanut oil and let it get hot.
- When the oil is hot add the chicken and stir fry it for 3 to 5 minutes, or just until it slightly browns.
- Then add the sweet chili sauce and stir fry until the sauce coats the chicken.
- Once it’s coated remove it from the heat and let it cool down just slightly.
- Next, microwave the lavash for 30 seconds covered with a damp paper towel.
- Now it’s time to start wrapping in the center of the lavash spread a thin layer of the sweet chili sauce. Then add the tomatoes, chicken , green onions, carrots and lettuce.
- Carefully fold one side over and roll the wrap up tightly. Then take each end and fold them under. Place the wrap on a plate with the folded ends underneath. Cut the wrap in half and serve. This makes one large wrap.