This sweet chili chicken wrap recipe combines stir fried pieces of chicken tossed with delicious sweet chili sauce wrapped with lettuce, tomatoes, carrots and green onion to make the perfect healthy and delicious lunch. If you have never had a wrap before, it is similar to a sandwich, burrito or gyro. Try this amazing sweet chili chicken wrap recipe and let me know what you think in the Chinese food forum. Enjoy!
To watch a video for these instructions click here
1 large lavash wrap (preferably Damascus Bakeries)
1 boneless skinless chicken breast
½ tsp garlic salt
¼ cup pre shredded carrots
1 small green onion
½ small vine ripened tomato
1 tsp stir fry oil
1 tsp seasoned rice vinegar
2 to 3 large green Lettuce leaves
½ tbsp peanut oil
2 tbsp sweet chili sauce (preferably Maggies)
- Remove all of the fat from the chicken and cut it into ½ inch cubes. Place these cubes in a bowl and add just ¼ tsp of the garlic salt. Use your hand to mix it in thoroughly and then let it marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes while preparing the other ingredients.
- Measure out the carrots.
- Rinse the green onion under cold running water and dry it with a paper towel. Cut off the base and about an inch from the top of the greens and discard. Cut the remaining stalk into small pieces and set them aside.
- Rinse the tomato under cold running water and dry it with a paper towel. Cut it into ¼ inch pieces and place them in a non metallic bowl. Add the stir fry oil, garlic salt and seasoned rice vinegar and mix everything together thoroughly.
- Rinse the lettuce leaves under cold running water and dry them with paper towels. Then cut out the middle rib from each leaf and discard.
- Now it’s time to start cooking the chicken. Heat a wok on high. Once hot, add the peanut oil and let it get hot.
- When the oil is hot add the chicken and stir fry it for 3 to 5 minutes, or just until it slightly browns.
- Then add the sweet chili sauce and stir fry until the sauce coats the chicken.
- Once it’s coated remove it from the heat and let it cool down just slightly.
- Next, microwave the lavash for 30 seconds covered with a damp paper towel.
- Now it’s time to start wrapping in the center of the lavash spread a thin layer of the sweet chili sauce. Then add the tomatoes, chicken , green onions, carrots and lettuce.
- Carefully fold one side over and roll the wrap up tightly. Then take each end and fold them under. Place the wrap on a plate with the folded ends underneath. Cut the wrap in half and serve. This makes one large wrap.