If you want to incorporate some faith based resolutions or goals into your year but you need ideas, please read my article: New Yearís Resolution and Your Catholic Faith.
Here is a short checklist to assess where you were, where you are, and where you want to be:
- Think about your life and your faith during the last year. Did you make faith based resolutions or goals for this past year? Did you keep them?
- Last year was your life balanced with time for your family, your job, your spiritual growth, your friends and any other commitments you have? What do you personally need to adjust to make this year more balanced for you?
- Are you happy with your life and your spirituality as it is today? If not, do you need to incorporate more faith based activities into your world?
- Or are you spread thin with volunteering for multiple ministries, in addition to juggling your family and work life? If this is the case, you might need to choose the ministries you enjoy most and those where your gifts are best utilized and let some others go. If you spread yourself too thin, you wonít be able to give your best to anyone - including yourself.
- Have you always wanted to find time to volunteer in a ministry but just canít seem to incorporate it into your life? Perhaps something else in your world needs to go so you can make time to nourish your spirituality. Volunteering in a ministry is as rewarding to those who volunteer as it is those whom the ministry helps.
- Is your spiritual life where you want it to be? If not, what steps do you need to take to reach your spiritual goals?
- Are you truly living your faith? By this I donít mean simply going to Mass on Sundays. (Although attending Sunday Mass is not only our obligation as Catholics, but essential to your ongoing spiritual growth.) I mean, are you living your daily life as Jesus tells us to do? Does your faith go home with you on Sunday? Or do you leave it in the church parking lot?
- Iím sure you may have heard the saying - If your Christianity isnít contagious, itís contaminated. Is your Christianity contagious?
We all need to strive to be the kind of example our Lord wants us to be - one where our Christianity is contagious!
Peace in Christ,
© Melissa Knoblett-Aman