God is good. He gives us this show of the earthís new birth to paint a picture of our own new birth into the glorious life of Christ. Even in our darkest days, the experience of knowing Jesus changes everything. When winter tries to creep back into my heart, picking up the Bible can remind me that Jesus promises eternal Spring.
- John 8:32 and 36 -- Jesus said that by remaining faithful to His teachings I will be His disciple and I will know the truth. That truth, the truth of God, will set me free. Free from what? Free from the cold dark ground that is life without Jesus. When I am set free by the Son of God, I am absolutely free.
- Romans 8:2 -- Because I belong to Jesus, His life-giving Spirit has set me free from the power of sin that threatens to drag me down into the depths of death. This is a promise I can count on. This is new life!
- Romans 6:22 -- As a believer I have been set free - I am no longer a slave to the power of sin. I am a slave to God and have received the gift of holiness and eternal life.
- Romans 6:4 -- In my baptism, I was buried with Christ. Just as He was raised from the dead by Godís power, I was raised and will live a new life with Him.
- 2Corinthians 5:17 -- Anyone who belongs to Jesus Christ has become a brand new person. He has a new life to live for Christ. The old life that lived for sin is gone forever.
- Revelation 21:5 -- In Johnís revelation, Jesus, the one sitting on the throne told him, ďLook, I am making everything new!Ē
- John 10:10 -- Jesus came that we can have life that is abundant, authentic and eternal.
(Note: The following reflects my inspiration from each passage. To read the actual Scripture, look them up in your Bible.)
A Walk With the Women of the Bible
EBook by Lynne Chapman
Join me in getting to know some amazing
women of the Bible
while we extract valuable insights and
lessons from their lives.
Now available for Kindle under new title
A Walk With EVE
Also availble in paperback from Cafe Press.
Names of God Ebook
Almighty God. The Creator of heaven and earth.
Our God is given names in Scripture that
describe the characteristics of His personality.
Experience God through the names given Him in Scripture.