July 4th is often celebrated with cookouts, fireworks, and a whole lot of fun!
Here are a few tasty desserts that kids will love making on this special day, followed by tips for starting your own patriotic parade!
Flag Cake Recipe
1 box yellow cake mix
1 container of cool whip
Raspberries or strawberries
1. Bake cake according to package directions.
2. After cake cools, spread the cool whip over the top.
3. Use raspberries to form the red lines of the flag on the cake.
4. The cool whip will serve for the white lines.
5. Use the blueberries to form the blue background of the flag, in the
upper left hand corner.
6. Drop teaspoon size drops of leftover cool whip to create the stars.
Additionally, you can use the same ingredients above, and make festive July
1. Bake cupcakes according to package directions.
2. Divide vanilla icing into three containers.
3. Add red food coloring to one container, and blue to the other.
4. After cupcakes cool, let the kids decorate them red, white, and blue.
Star Cakes Recipe
1 box vanilla cake mix
1 container cool whip
Star shaped cookie cutter
1. Bake the cake according to package directions, but use two pans
instead of one.
2. After cake cools, use a star shaped cookie cutter to cut out shapes of
3. Decorate with cool whip, raspberries, and blueberries.
Red, White, and Blue Jell-O Fun Bowls
Cherry and blueberry flavored Jell-O
Whip cream or Cool Whip.
Clear cups or bowls
1. Add a layer of cherry Jell-O to the bottom of the bowl.
2. Add a layer of cool whip to the cherry Jell-0
3. Add a layer of blueberry Jell-O to the cool whip.
4. Repeat layers until the bowl if filled to the top.
If youd like a more adult version of this recipe, use raspberries and blueberries instead of Jell-O.
Why not start a tradition of having a neighborhood July 4th parade?
You will need:
1. Red, white, and blue streamers.
2. Red, white, and blue balloons
3. Any other patriotic items you have on hand, or can find at your local
craft or dollar store.
Let kids go to town decorating their bikes, tricycles, strollers, scooters, and themselves!
After enjoying some yummy July 4th desserts, hit the neighborhood for a 4th of July parade celebrating everything this holiday represents!