If you take advantage of your grocery store sales on your favorite steaks (especially the buy one get free sales), your family can have two inexpensive yet mouth watering steak recipes.
There’s no dress codes, no reservations, but there are lots of flavors in these recipes for the entire family to enjoy!
Steak Recipe 1:
Basic Grilled Steak
• 1 pack (or more) of your favorite steak, plus any extra from your freezer or from a buy your grocery store’s buy one get one free sale.
• Mrs. Dash steak seasoning
• 1/4 cup Worchester sauce per steak
1. Season both sides of steak with Mrs. Dash steak seasoning.
2. Marinate steak in Worchester sauce for 2 hours (if you don’t have
time, you can simple add some sauce to the steak after grilling).
3. Grill over medium low heat on both sides until cooked through.
4. As you are grilling your steaks for dinner, go ahead and grill your
2nd set of meat from the buy one get one free sale the grocery store.
5. Serve with baked potato, frozen steak fries, or veggie of your choice.
6. Place extra meat in a sealed container in your refrigerator for steak fajitas later on in the week!
Steak Recipe 2:
• Leftover steak from the basic grilled steak (or a new pack of steak)
• Fresh Limes
• 4 cloves of garlic, crushed (1 per steak)
• Flour tortillas
• 2 small or 1 large bag of frozen bell pepper and onion stir fry
• Sour cream
• Shredded cheese (any of your favorite varieties will do)
1. Cook bell pepper and onion stir fry according to package directions.
2. As mixture cooks, place pre cooked steak, garlic, and lime juice (1
lime per steak) into bag and shake well. If some family members don’t like
garlic or lime, separate their steak apart from the bag.
3. Warm tortillas in oven or microwave according to package directions.
4. Warm steak/garlic/lime mixture over stove top on low heat (if you are
also serving steak without the garlic and lime juice mixture, it can be re-
heated in the microwave).
5. To serve, place all of the following ingredients in a buffet style line:
a. Garlic and Lime cooked steak
b. Plain steak (if someone isn’t a fan of the garlic/lime mixture)
c. Bell pepper and onion stir fry
d. Your favorite shredded cheeses
e. Sour cream
g. Warm flour tortillas from the oven
6. Let everyone have fun making their own version of the perfect steak quesadilla!