Liven up chicken with flavorful herbs and garlic.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 3 large tomatoes (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, mashed
- 1/3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tsp thyme (1/2 tsp dried thyme)
- Sprinkle chicken with black pepper and set aside.
- Blanch the tomatoes and peel.
- Cut away the tomato cores and cut tomatoes into 1" cubes.
- Heat olive oil in skillet.
- Add the chicken and garlic cloves.
- Brown the chicken on both sides.
- Scatter onion around the chicken and cook until the onion is wilted.
- Add the wine, tomatoes, bay leaf, and thyme.
- Cover and cook 20 minutes.