Try this rich and welcoming pasta dish, perfect for company.
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 cup white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbs flour
- 1 cup dry white wine (or 1 cup chicken broth)
- 1 cup heavy cream, 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 pound fettuccine
- Prepare the fettuccine.
- heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
- Cut chicken breasts into 1" cubes.
- Cook the chicken until browned. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic to the skillet. Cover and cook for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle with the flour and stir quickly to combine.
- Add the wine and let simmer for one minute.
- Reduce heat to low and add the cream.
- Simmer for 2-3 minutes, until the sauce thickens.
- Stir in cheese, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and heat through.
- Add to fettuccine and toss.