This pork loin recipe is marvelous with fresh herbs and wine. A great alternative to turkey or ham for holiday gatherings.
Pork Loin Roast
- 1-2 pound pork loin
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Ż tsp salt
- black pepper, freshly ground
- Remove the leaves from the rosemary springs, and mince well.
- Add the salt and a pepper and mix well.
- Add the onion and garlic into the mixture.
- Add the olive oil and mix together until you have a paste.
- Rub the mixture over the pork loin. Cover the entire loin, rubbing the mixture in, until you use all the mixture.
- Place the loin in a roasting pan. Add the thyme and wine to the pan.
- Tent with aluminum foil and bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
- Remove the aluminum foil and bake for another 30 minutes or until done.
- Remove the pork loin and let it rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
Bella Italian Food Recommends
Italian Country Cooking: Recipes from Umbria & Apulia, by Susanna Gelmetti & Robert Budwig
Healthy, delicious, and surprisingly simple to prepare, Italian country cooking is increasing in popularity as more cooks turn to it for its natural emphasis on fresh, high-quality ingredients. The nearly 100 recipes are authentic to the regions of Umbria and Apulia, and have been gathered from Gelmetti's experiences running her popular cooking school.