Crafters love contests too. Get your knitting needles and scrapbooking fingers ready. These 10 sites feature contests and giveaways that will appeal to crafters of different styles and ability levels.
1. All Free Knitting (http://www.allfreeknitting.com/index.php/hct/knitting-reviews-and-giveways): This site hosts a wealth of free knitting patterns. The giveaway pages links to giveaways associated with reviews of some of the latest knitting books available. If you scroll down to the bottom, you can also find links to more All Free crafting sites of different themes.
2. Craft Gossip (http://craftgossip.com/craftgossip-giveaways/): Craft Gossip is blog with an extensive collection of tutorials from across the crafting spectrum. The giveaway page on the site is updated often. Instructional books and supplies are just some of the items up for grabs.
3. Craftster (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?board=174.0#axzz2qG6q6d2N): Craftster.org is a crafting community with tutorials, articles and forums dedicated to each craft on the site. They have a monthly crafting challenge for a chance to win prizes and get your winning entry published on the Craftster blog.
4. Creating Keepsakes (http://www.creatingkeepsakes.com/contests/index.html): This scrapbooking magazine has a giveway page with prizes traditional and digital scrapbookers will rave over. Some of the current giveaways include digital photo editing software, camera equipment, an inkjet printer and various popular scrapbooking supplies.
5. Crochet Today (http://www.crochettoday.com/win): Crochet Today magazine has many tutorials on their website along with a giveaway page. They often give away freebies of hottest new yarns.
6. Cut Out + Keep (http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/contests): This is a huge online community of crafters with tutorials on many types of crafts. Crafting companies promote their products by sponsoring giveaways on this site. Contests are held just about every month or so.
7. Fire Mountain Gems and Beads (http://www.firemountaingems.com/beading-contests/directory.asp): This is my favorite jewelry supply company with thousands of beads and findings. Their Gallery of Designs is truly inspirational. They hold annual themed contests with Gold, Silver and Bronze medals with prizes of gift certificates ranging from $500 to $1000.
8. Herrschners National Afghan Contest (http://www.herrschners.com/contest.aspx): Herrschners is a popular crafting supply company that holds annual afghan design contests. There are five categories available including crochet, knit, baby knit or crochet, juvenile knit or crochet, and holiday knit or crochet. As of this writing, the top prize for each category is $500 cash with an additional $2,500 to go to the grand champion.
9. National Craft Month: March is national craft month, so it's a good time to check your favorite crafting blogs, as well as online and traditional stores for events and giveaways. Some sites that have had sweepstakes for this event in the past are the Home Shopping Network, Overstock.com, Jewelry Making Daily, Spinning Daily and Crochet Me.
10. Quilting Gallery (http://quiltinggallery.com/quilters-fun/weekly-rules/): This quilting blog has free patterns and tutorials along with many tips and tricks. The site holds themed contests to show off your skills and win prizes.
Have fun crafting and good luck!