This tasty pasta dish combines the rich nutty taste of hazelnuts with the fresh, light taste of asparagus.
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 3 Tbs extra-virgin olive Oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 2" pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry, white wine
- 4 Tbs Parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup Pecarino-Romano cheese, freshly grated
- 1/2 Tbs butter
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, chopped
- black pepper, freshly ground
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add plenty of salt and the pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes or until just before al dente.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and asparagus and sauté over medium heat for about 3minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the garlic and continue to sauté for another 2 minutes, until the onion just lightly browned.
- In another pan melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the hazelnuts to the melted butter and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the bell pepper to the onion and asparagus, and sauté for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Add the wine to the onion and asparagus, and bring to a boil. Cook until the wine stops tingling your nose (just about 2 minutes).
- Drain the cooked pasta and place in a large serving bowl.
- Add the cooked onion-asparagus mixture and give it a quick toss.
- Add the parsley, cheese, and hazelnuts.
- Season with salt and black pepper, and mix well. For the best flavor serve immediately.
Bella Italian Food Recommends
1lb Roasted Hazelnuts from Dundee Orchards
These hazelnuts are from Oregon, and are perfect for cooking. The nuts are 100% dry roasted, skinned, with no oil, salt, or preservatives added. These hazelnuts are great for baking, snacking or gift giving. Much better flavor than the hazelnuts available in little cellophane packages in the baking aisle.