I'm always looking for ways to look my best as I get older. I have found one of the best ways to get ideas is to look at women who have to look their best because they are always in the public eye. - Actresses, musicians and other celebrities. I look at how they wear their hair. I look at their hair color and try to learn what it is that makes it attractive.
The following are questions that you can ask yourself when you see attractive older celebrities.
- Is the style long or short?
- Long hair can sometimes have the effect of drawing the features down. This is not the best look for someone whose facial skin is already showing the effects of gravity, however, keeping it back off the face can sometimes change the lines, making the look more uplifting. A little fullness on top in the way of layering of fluffy bangs can do the same thing
- Short hair is often more youthful. Is it smooth and conservative of is it loose and natural or even wild and messy? A style that does not appear overly “done” or sprayed in place has a more youthful appearance than the style that is controlled.
- If their hair is color enhanced, natural looking shades that are perhaps highlighted with tiny strands of color are more youthful looking than hair color that is obviously tinted or lightened.
- If their hair is naturally gray or white, is it bright and shiny? Look at the placement of white hair, such as Cloris Leachman’s hair. Her hair is white around her face and gray toward the back. Often white or gray hair can be helped a little with highlights or lowlights. The effect is very natural, but prettier.
Several actresses who are over forty years of age are featured in the March/April issue of AARP magazine. In the following few pages, I’ll discuss what it is about each woman’s hairstyle that makes it flattering and up to date and I’ll give you some suggestions as to how you can get the look.
LC Legacy Styling Foam
strengthens your hair from the inside
and holds your style all day.