Does your skin feel like sandpaper? Do you find yourself scratching in unheard of places? One of the symptoms of Diabetes is dry skin. During the winter, however, this condition is magnified. There are numerous ways to combat this condition.
1. Drink lots of water. By doing this you will be hydrating your thirsty skin. You may have to use the restroom a lot but there are added benefits. More energy and softer skin.
2. Eat more fish. Yes the omega 3 oils will help your skin retain moisture and also make you look younger. If you canít eat fish then pick up some Fish Oil capsules at your local drugstore.
3. Moisture your skin after you shower. While still fresh out of the shower use a moisturizer with high vitamin E content or Aloe Vera oil. These two products will help to replace the moisture lost from showering.
4. Take lukewarm showers. Hot water will tend to dry out your skin. Do it gradually during your shower so it wonít shock your system
5. Use shower moisturizers. There are new products on the market to moisturize your skin while still in the shower. Olay, LíOreal, Ponds are among the many products out there. Try them until you find the correct one.
Always remember to protect yourself with socks on your feet and long sleeved shirts. The winter can be a trying time and requires just a little more care for your skin. Remember spring and summer arenít far off!!