These crowd pleasing recipes are perfect for feeding your family and friends during the Super Bowl, or any time of year!
Buffalo Chicken Bites Recipe
1 pack of boneless skinless chicken breast
1 bottle of low fat or fat free wing sauce
1 bottle of fat free ranch dressing
1 small container of blue cheese crumbles
1 stalk of celery, sliced
1. Cut the chicken breast into bite size pieces.
2. Marinate chicken with two cups of the wing sauce for at least four hours, preferably overnight. If you dont have four hours, its ok to continue with the rest of the steps. However, the chicken bites will have a more intense flavor if they marinate first.
3. Combine one cup of the ranch dressing with two to three blue cheese
crumbles. Mix well, making sure the crumbles are crushed, using a spoon or fork. Taste the dressing, and add more blue cheese crumbles if needed. Remember, a few crumbles go a long way flavor wise, so start small, and then gradually increase the crumbles.
4. Store the blue cheese dressing in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve the chicken bites.
5. There are three ways to cook these healthy chicken bites:
Grilled: Place chicken pieces on your indoor or outdoor grill, and cook for ten to fifteen minutes, or until cooked through.
Oven Baked : Place the chicken bites in a greased oven safe bowl. Bake the chicken for twenty five to thirty minutes, or until cooked through.
Slow Cooked: Spray your slow cooker insert with a non stick cooking spray. Place chicken pieces in the slow cooker, and cook on low for six to eight hours.
6. After your chicken bites are cooked, serve with the blue cheese dressing, celery slices, and extra wing sauce on the side.
Creamy Dill Dip Recipe
This dip can be served with chopped up vegetables or the chicken bites recipe above.
1 cup of low fat or fat free sour cream
½ cup of low fat or fat free mayonnaise
1 teaspoons of dried dill weed (you can add more if desired)
1 teaspoon of garlic salt
1 teaspoon of parsley flakes
Chopped fresh vegetables, such as carrots, cucumbers, bell peppers, and cherry tomatoes.
1. Combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, dill weed, garlic salt, and parsley flakes in a bowl, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. Serve with sliced cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, and bell peppers. This dip may also be served with buffalo chicken bites.